Recipe by Baby Kato
What a lovely surprise this sandwich is. Not only does it taste great, it is really quick and easy to make. Make sure to use the chutney it adds a nice depth to the overall flavor of the sandwich.
Top Review by wienkamp
We tried this sandwich with Thanksgiving leftovers...it was wonderful. The Mango Chutney gives it such a different flavor than a regular turkey sandwich..the basil was good too...I was nervous that it would be a bust but my husband loved it! Thanks - do over and I emailed it out to some others too...
- 2 slices bread, Italian, thick
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (or miracle whip)
- 1 tomatoes, cut into four thin slices
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, fresh ground black
- 1 tablespoon basil, thinly sliced fresh
- 3 slices turkey, oven roasted
- 2 slices cheese, provolone
- 1 tablespoon mango chutney
- 1 tablespoon butter, frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread the mayonnaise on the two slices of bread.
- Add the tomato slices and sprinkle with salt and ground pepper.
- Next add the sliced basil over the tomato.
- Now add the turkey slices.
- Add the mango chutney to one of the slices of cheese, then top with the other slice.
- Lastly you will add the cheese slices over top of the turkey meat.
- Top with your remaining slice of bread and lightly butter, both sides.
- Place in a medium low pan and fry until golden brown.