1/3 Photos of A Great Monte Cristo Sandwich - Longmeadow
Andi of Longmeadow Farm's Note:
Adapted from "Clean Eating" Sept 2009
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb turkey breast, scaloppini (thinly sliced and pounded thin)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil (1 tsp. used for cooking turkey)
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 slices bread (whole wheat)
- 3/4 cup spinach leaves (Fresh)
- 1 small pear, thinly sliced (optional)
- 2 ounces low-fat swiss cheese
- 1In a bowl, put turkey, oil, and seasonings, rubbing over turkey.
- 2Heat a saute' pan on medium heat, spraying with non-stick spray.
- 3Add turkey and cook 3 minutes a side. Set on plate.
- 4In a shallow dish, mix together egg white, milk, and salt & pepper if desired, whisk thoroughly.
- 5Spread approximately 2 teaspoons (to taste) mustard on 2 slices of bread.
- 6Put bread with mustard side up on work area.
- 7Layer spinach, pear (if using) and turkey, and cheese onto each mustard topped bread.
- 8Spread other 2 bread slices with mustard, and top the layered sandwich, mustard side down.
- 9In same skillet heat remaining oil over a medium heat.
- 10Using a spatula, dip sandwich in egg/milk mixture.
- 11Flip sandwich, and do the same to the other side.
- 12Do the same with second sandwich.
- 13Transfer to pan, and heat and saute' sandwich (5 minutes a side) turn sandwich and cook on second side.
- 14Cut in half and serve on porch with gloves and a scarf, or summer shorts, your choice.
- 15Oh and a pickle. Must have a pickle.
- 16And chips too!
- 17Ok, maybe an apple.
- 18Whatever, take a break.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for A Great Monte Cristo Sandwich - Longmeadow
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 424.6
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 83.7 mg
- Sodium 752.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 39.7 g