Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This a good brisket to make if you don't have the time or don't want to mess with the smoker. You can put it in the oven in the morning and come home from church and supper is just about ready.
- Generously salt and pepper brisket and rub it in good.
- Put the brisket in the bag and pour the whole bottle of Liquid Smoke over it and rub it in good too.
- Pour the 2 cans of consumme over the meat.
- Pour BBQ sauce over the whole mess and tie up the bag and follow bag directions.
- Bake at 250 or 300 degrees for 5 or 6 hours.
- Be sure that the fat side of the brisket is on top so it can baste itself.
riffraff, your recipe was a hit at a large party of 250 people using 75 lbs of whole brisket and this recipe. Added advise, esp. with this size, 30 -40 % cooks away if using a whole brisket. May receive a slight discount from butcher for buying a whole case/box. Allow time for butcher to order the meat...our case 3 days. Allow 2 - 3 hours for cooling before "pulling" brisket. If brisket is large..we had a "Big Bertha", reinforce aluminum pan and line bottom of oven for easy clean up. Also, hate to admit it..I didn't know what "consomme" was. So I hope it translates beef broth. This was a huge hit at our party! Nobody knew it was in the oven! We will use this again and again! Thanks. Nashville, TN
Absolutely wonderful! Takes like I smoked it and it was oven baked! Thanks so very much!
Very good and tender. So easy. We had unexpected company for dinner and they loved it as well.