Recipe by Bergy
I don't know where this recipe came from. I found it tucked away in one of my cook books, hand written. So the credit goes to >>>>>. Thanks to whom ever It is a fabulous recipe. You can do ahead one day and refrigerate it. You can use serve it warm by browning it on a pan for a minute or two
- 6 potatoes, peeled cubed and cooked
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 slices white bread
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried savory
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- When potatoes are tender drain them and return to the pot.
- Mash potatoes with the butter.
- Tear bread into small pieces and add to the potatoes.
- Add onion, white and brown sugar, savory,molasses, sage, vinegar salt& pepper.
- Mix well.
- Pack into a greased 9x15 loaf pan.
- Slice and serve.