- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 lbs roasting chickens
- 2 small bay leaves
- 1 -2 tablespoon annatto oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine Mexican oregano, Kosher salt garlic powder and black pepper.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Sprinkle the spice mixture into the breast cavity and add 2 small bay leaves.
- Place the bird on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Brush skin well with annatto oil.
- Roast the chicken in a preheated 375 degree oven for 45-50 minutes or until juices run clear when pricked.