Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I wonder where did the golden egg come from? This is a simple and tasty dish.
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 lbs roasting chickens
- 2 small bay leaves
- 1 -2 tablespoon annatto oil
- In a small bowl, combine Mexican oregano, Kosher salt garlic powder and black pepper.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Sprinkle the spice mixture into the breast cavity and add 2 small bay leaves.
- Place the bird on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Brush skin well with annatto oil.
- Roast the chicken in a preheated 375 degree oven for 45-50 minutes or until juices run clear when pricked.
This was great - we threw it on the rotisserie instead of baking it. For ZWT7 silverados.
This made a very pretty dish. The spices were subtle but overall very nice together. Made for ZWT7
We really enjoyed this chicken! It made the house smell wonderful while it was cooking, too. The annatto oil gave it such a nice color, and the seasonings were perfect. Thanks for posting! Made for ZWT4