Recipe by Chef Lanibobonnie
Unbelievably rich award-winning recipe from Molly's Garden at the Fitzgerald's Casino in Reno. Before they closed their doors for good they passed out copies of the recipe to people who requested it. I've done an Internet search and could not find it so I dug through a year's worth of unfilled paperwork to relocate it. Saved now by the Zaar for all posterity....ENJOY!
- 946.0 ml half-and-half
- 4 diced leeks
- 14.79 ml chicken base or 2 bouillon cubes
- 4 tabelspoons all-purpose flour
- 5 diced peeled potatoes (blanched)
- 59.16 ml melted butter
- granulated garlic
- white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- (NOTE): USE A HEAVY GUAGE POT AS THIS SOUP WILL SCORCH EASILY IN THIN COOKING POTS.
- Saute Leeks in butter at medium heat until transparent.
- Add Chicken base and stir one minute.
- Add flour, stir in well and cook for 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add Half-&-Half and potatoes; bring to boil, stirring regularly.
- Reduce heat to simmer for 5 minutes, adding a pinch of granulated garlic and salt & pepper to taste.
- Serves 4-6 but it is soooo tasty that you may want to prepare double that amount!