1/2 Photos of A+ Fitzgeralds Casino Potato Leek Soup
Chef Lanibobonnie's Note:
Unbelievably rich award-winning recipe from Molly's Garden at the Fitzgerald's Casino in Reno. Before they closed their doors for good they passed out copies of the recipe to people who requested it. I've done an Internet search and could not find it so I dug through a year's worth of unfilled paperwork to relocate it. Saved now by the Zaar for all posterity....ENJOY!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1(NOTE): USE A HEAVY GUAGE POT AS THIS SOUP WILL SCORCH EASILY IN THIN COOKING POTS.
- 2Saute Leeks in butter at medium heat until transparent.
- 3Add Chicken base and stir one minute.
- 4Add flour, stir in well and cook for 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- 5Add Half-&-Half and potatoes; bring to boil, stirring regularly.
- 6Reduce heat to simmer for 5 minutes, adding a pinch of granulated garlic and salt & pepper to taste.
- 7Serves 4-6 but it is soooo tasty that you may want to prepare double that amount!
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for A+ Fitzgeralds Casino Potato Leek Soup
Serving Size: 1 (410 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 676.0
- Calories from Fat 358
- Total Fat 39.8 g
- Saturated Fat 24.7 g
- Cholesterol 120.0 mg
- Sodium 237.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 14.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: