Recipe by Rita~
NO guilt here! After the Zaar world tour I needed a low fat - low calorie meal and came up with this. Using garden fresh herbs and veggies. Pasta is a comfort food for many using whole wheat pasta giving more fiber, no sodium, low in fat, with no preservatives. A low fat pasta dish Making a feel good meal that is good for you! Having fresh veggies, herbs and lots of heat from hot pepper to kick it up with flavor and very little oil keeping the fat down.
Top Review by Lalaloula
Oh yum, this meal is a feel good one indeed! The flavours of the herbs, veggies and pasta go great together and make for a delicious, satisfying healthy meal! Mmmm!
I eyeballed the amounts of veggies and since I didnt have fresh herbs on hand just used dried ones. It was super yummy nonetheless.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this real keeper with us, Rita! Made and reviewed for Veggie Swap #30 January 2011.
- 13 1⁄4 ounces whole wheat pasta, cooked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 hot red chili peppers, minced
- 2⁄3 cup red onion, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2⁄3 cup zucchini (use baby with blossom still attached if possible)
- 1⁄4 cup broccoli floret
- 2⁄3 cup red bell pepper, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large fry pan heat oil.
- Add veggies and stir fry for a couple minutes till desired tenderness.
- Add herbs and stir to combine.
- Add pasta and 1/2 cup pasta water.
- Adjust taste with salt and pepper if desired.
- If not watching your fat go ahead and drizzle olive oil over and or top with grated cheese.