Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
After enjoying an Arby's sandwich I could not help but try to make one similar because it was that good. I think this is pretty close, but better because all the fruits are fresh. I don't really measure so, the measurements are guesses, and it's more of getting a desired consistency. Also use your own favorite type of bread. I preferably use whole grain wheat.
- 1 (12 ounce) can white chicken meat packed in water
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 cups apples, cut into small pieces
- 2 cups grapes, sliced in half
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, crushed
- 2 hard-boiled eggs (optional)
- 5 slices honey-wheat bread
- 1 head lettuce (optional)
- 1 tomatoes (optional)
- Drain chicken and put in bowl.
- Add some mayo (about 2 tbsp) so that it does not have that dry appearance.
- Next, start adding the apples, grapes, celery, and pecans (may need to add mayo to keep everything from getting dry).
- Next, chop up the egg (if you choose to use it) and add it to the salad.
- Spread the salad on the bread with lettuce and tomato. Enjoy!
I made this chicken salad for a beach getaway. It's light, fruity and delicious. I served it in tomato basil wraps and think I will try adding avocado slices next time. This recipe has been featured in my blog - http://danasfoodblog.com/?p=1087.
We had this for dinner last night and the leftover for lunch today. It was delicious! The grapes and apples give it just the right flavor. Thanks for posting!
This is a very good chicken salad!! I usually don't like all the "stuff" in it but this is very good! I decreased the amount of celery to half a cup because DH doesn't like it so I had to sneak it in. I didn't have wheat bread so had on toasted white. Will make again!! Made for Spring 2009 PAC.