Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a very old traditional recipe. It has a sweet and sour taste and is still enjoyed by many South Africans. It was usually served after a Sunday Lunch. It can be served with custard or without as it is quite a moist pudding. Serve hot.
- Preheat oven to 160°F.
- Mix together the flour, sugar and butter and Bi-carb.
- In separate bowl beat together milk, apricot jam and eggs.
- Lastly add the milk; mix to the flour mix.
- Keep the dough aside and finish the following sauce:
- Bring to boil in saucepan or microwave oven the water sugar and vinegar.
- Put sauce in ovenproof deep glass dish. Pour the dough into the sauce and bake in preheated oven for about 45 minutes or until light brown in colour.
- Optional: Serve with custard.