Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very filling and very comforting. Ideally, this should be eaten as soon as it's made.
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheese (I use Emmenthal)
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Cook the spaghetti in boiling, salted water until al dente.
- Save about a quarter cup of the water when you drain the pasta.
- Meanwhile, sauté the garlic in the oil and butter until the garlic is soft.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked pasta and the reserved cooking water to the pan.
- Cook for 1 or 2 minutes.
- You want the pasta to be golden and a little crispy.
- Add the cheese.
- Scramble the eggs lightly in a separate pan and add them to the pasta.
- Cook for another minute or so until the eggs are set to your comfort level (I like them a little dry, some people like them eggier).
- Sprinkle with parsley.
This was very good. I used a combination of Parmesan and Romano cheese, have never heard of Emmenthal and have never seen it my grocery stores. I wasn't that crazy about the scrambled eggs with the pasta, but I really liked the garlic flavor and the crispiness of this pasta dish. I will probably just omit the eggs the next time I make this.