Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This a fantastic cake--great in the summer.
- 1 (18 ounce) box butter recipe cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 4 cups peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 pint whipping cream, whipped
- Make the cake per the boxes directions and bake in 2 round pans.
- Cool cake and split each cake layer in half making 4 layers.
- Cook the peaches with the next 3 ingredients until thick.
- Cool the peaches until they are completely cool.
- Place a 1/3 of the peach mixture on bottom layer; cover with a third of the sour cream. Repeat the layering twice use the whipped cream to ice the sides and top of the cake.
- Chill the cake until set.
I got this recipe 30 years ago. Everytime I bake it, people LOVE it. Very refreshing in summertime.