1/4 Photos of A Doozie of a Floozie Burger
Auntie Jan's Note:
A burger to tempt your senses--from clear down south--you never had it so good! One taste of our burger and you're going to declare yourself an Honorary Floozie. The ultimate open-faced burger, but don't hesitate to put your top bun on if you're feeling a little shy (we didn't get the nickname Floozie for nuthin' ya know!).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup sweet onions or 1/3 cup vidalia onion, is best
- 1/3 cup dill pickle
- 1/2-1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups finely chopped lettuce
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 slices tomatoes
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms, sauteed in
- 8 slices cheese
- 8 fried eggs (One for each burger)
- 4 -8 hamburger buns (if you're a floozie, you only need 4)
- 1Mix together your sweet onion, dill pickle, mayonnaise and finely chopped lettuce and set aside (In Amy's words, "you want the ingredients to marry").
- 2Fry your eggs until no longer runny and set aside. (Very Important Ingredient) You do want the whole Floozie Experience don't you?.
- 3Mix together your ground beef, cajun seasoning and pepper, forming into 8 burgers.
- 4Fry your burgers until they are no longer pink inside. Set aside and place a slice of tomato on top.
- 5Saute your mushrooms in butter and portion out onto your burgers and immediately top with cheese and your Fried Egg.
- 6Top with the slaw toppings (*in memory of Amy*) then declare yourself a Floozie – Remember, this is a topless…ummm…open faced burger. I ask you -- would a Floozie want it any other way?.
- 7We can't help it if you want your extra bun on top, but take it from us, its a whole lot more fun without.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for A Doozie of a Floozie Burger
Serving Size: 1 (351 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 635.8
- Calories from Fat 375
- Total Fat 41.6 g
- Saturated Fat 17.9 g
- Cholesterol 303.2 mg
- Sodium 959.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 42.0 g