Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
A burger to tempt your senses--from clear down south--you never had it so good! One taste of our burger and you're going to declare yourself an Honorary Floozie. The ultimate open-faced burger, but don't hesitate to put your top bun on if you're feeling a little shy (we didn't get the nickname Floozie for nuthin' ya know!).
- 1⁄3 cup sweet onions or 1⁄3 cup vidalia onion, is best
- 1⁄3 cup dill pickle
- 1⁄2-1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups finely chopped lettuce
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 slices tomatoes
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms, sauteed in
- 8 slices cheese
- 8 fried eggs (One for each burger)
- 4 -8 hamburger buns (if you're a floozie, you only need 4)
- Mix together your sweet onion, dill pickle, mayonnaise and finely chopped lettuce and set aside (In Amy's words, "you want the ingredients to marry").
- Fry your eggs until no longer runny and set aside. (Very Important Ingredient) You do want the whole Floozie Experience don't you?.
- Mix together your ground beef, cajun seasoning and pepper, forming into 8 burgers.
- Fry your burgers until they are no longer pink inside. Set aside and place a slice of tomato on top.
- Saute your mushrooms in butter and portion out onto your burgers and immediately top with cheese and your Fried Egg.
- Top with the slaw toppings (*in memory of Amy*) then declare yourself a Floozie – Remember, this is a topless…ummm…open faced burger. I ask you -- would a Floozie want it any other way?.
- We can't help it if you want your extra bun on top, but take it from us, its a whole lot more fun without.
Made recipe as written... excellent! Have fork and knife ready and enjoy!
These were great!!! And different. We grilled the burgers instead of frying. I wasn't shy with the cajun spice since we like it spicy and we used Cheddar for the cheese. The slaw is what put these over the top for us. I had the fried egg, but my boys just couldn't do it. As another reviewer said they were messy but good, cuz messy = yummy in our house. We are definately Floozies in our house now!!!!!
Yep, Another Texan here fixin the Doozie Floozie Burger. DH-DD & I all say Yee~Hawwwwwww! Didn't think we would like the "slaw" but we did! I used fresh premade ground chuck patties since there were only 3 of us. I sprinkled them liberally with cajun spice. I used the sweet onions, dill pickle and butterhead lettuce all sliced or chopped pretty fine. I tried mine without the bun top but caved in and placed it on top but ate with a fork & knife cuz it was so messy. Messy is good! I bought big mushrooms and sauteed them in butter. And our burgers must always have real cheddar cheese, nothing else will do. heh heh! We loved it & will fix it again. From a Hot Plate Houdini Cooked for ZWT3