Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Tuna casserole with a twist.. and a family favourite.. Cheap to make.
- 226.79 g can tuna (drained)
- 200 g box Kraft macaroni and cheese
- 226.79 g can cream of mushroom soup
- 29.58 ml chopped green peppers
- 2.46 ml pepper (to taste)
- 236.59 ml crushed saltine crackers (optional)
- Perpare Kraft dinner as usual.
- Mix KD and rest of ingredients in a casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Crushed crakers can be added to top of casserole before placing in oven if desired. ( we like it with the crackers).
What a walk down memory lane this recipe was . A very similar recipe was one of the first dinner recipes I ever made ( it had peas added instead of the green pepper and no crackers) I have made this one and off thru the years. But never with crackers I used crushed Ritz crackers and forgot to add the peppers LOL It is so simple when you want mac n cheese and a tuna casserole but don't have the time to make the cheese sauce. Plus it is just one of those great recipes for young cooks. Made for Pac Fall 2009