Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A bit high in saturated fat and sodium but a different taste to the usual. The peanut butter just mellows the taste.
- 0.5 (26 g) package powdered white sauce mix
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups egg noodles, dry
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can albacore tuna in water
- 1⁄2 cup celery, sliced
- 1⁄4 medium onion
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup green peas
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup low-sodium cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook egg noodles in chicken broth until tender; drain - reserving liquid.
- Prepare sauce mix as pkg directs; stir in peanut butter.
- Cook celery, carrot and peas in reserved chicken broth until crisp tender.
- Put noodles, tuna, red pepper and vegetables in a bowl; add seasoning and sauce, toss gently to coat evenly.
- Pour into ungreased casserole; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake uncovered @ 350F for 30 minutes.
- Broil until cheese is golden brown.