Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Something different from the usual tomato/basil topping on italian bread.
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled cored, seeded and chopped
- 1 slice sourdough bread
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 drop Tabasco sauce
- salt and pepper
- 6 slices Italian bread, for serving
- Strain tomatoes for 15 minutes.
- Place the sourdough bread on a plate.
- Drizzle with vinegar and stand for 1 minute.
- Place bread, 2 tbs olive oil, capers, garlic, parsley, thyme, tobasco sauce and tomatoes in blender.
- Process until desired consistency.
- Season. (this can be done up to 4 hours prior to serving).
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees celcius.
- Brush 6 slices of bread with remaining oil and toast until crip and golden.
- Serve crushed tomato mixture on top.