Got this from Everyday With Rachael Ray. A wonderful twist to eggs and rice.
Make and share this A Different Style Fried Rice recipe from Food.com.
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet over high heat and coat with cooking spray.
- Pour half of the eggs into the pan, swirling to coat the bottom, and let cook until set, about 1 minute.
- Remove the skillet from the heat.
- Flip the eggs and cook for 1 minute more.
- Transfer the egg tortilla to a cutting board and repeat the process with the cooking spray and the remaining egg.
- Roll up each egg tortilla and slice crosswise into 1/4 inch thick strips.
- In a large skillet, heat the sesame oil over high heat.
- Add the shrimp, chorizo and onion and cook, stirring, until the shrimp is just opaque, 1 - 2 minutes.
- Mix in the rice, soy sauce and sherry.
- Cook until heated through.
- Stir in the egg strips and top with cilantro.
Totally awesome....I'm always looking for new ways to use chorizo, the recipe doesn't look that interesting but when I seen Rachel Ray's name I had a feeling there was gonna be more to it. Followed the recipe exactly, really good flavor,total yumm!
We love fried rice, so we knew we were on a good thing! I remembered to cook the rice the day before, and then its just a case of putting everything together. I used chorizo, and added peas and corn, because we enjoy extra veggies. I also gently cooked the shrimp in butter seperately, with a little cajun seasoning, because the girls were eating with us and they don't like shrimp, so I simply added it to our plates when I served. The sherry adds a lovely touch, and we very much enjoyed this twist on an old favourite! Thanks, CoffeeB!
DH said, "you must always make this exactly as you did tonight!" Right into our Top Favorites of 2009, this was worth taking a Zantac. Best fried rice dish I have ever made. No lie. Substituted Zigo yellow rice for white rice, and DH could tell the difference. Used Mexican Chorizo #85473 for the chorizo. The small-medium Gulf-Coast shrimp made their statement. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe, CoffeeB! Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders Tag.