Recipe by CoffeeB
Got this from Everyday With Rachael Ray. A wonderful twist to eggs and rice.
Top Review by Angela P.
Totally awesome....I'm always looking for new ways to use chorizo, the recipe doesn't look that interesting but when I seen Rachel Ray's name I had a feeling there was gonna be more to it. Followed the recipe exactly, really good flavor,total yumm!
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 lb shrimp, medium size, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups chorizo sausage, chopped (about 8 oz.)
- 1 onion, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 cups cooked white rice, cooled
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- chopped cilantro (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet over high heat and coat with cooking spray.
- Pour half of the eggs into the pan, swirling to coat the bottom, and let cook until set, about 1 minute.
- Remove the skillet from the heat.
- Flip the eggs and cook for 1 minute more.
- Transfer the egg tortilla to a cutting board and repeat the process with the cooking spray and the remaining egg.
- Roll up each egg tortilla and slice crosswise into 1/4 inch thick strips.
- In a large skillet, heat the sesame oil over high heat.
- Add the shrimp, chorizo and onion and cook, stirring, until the shrimp is just opaque, 1 - 2 minutes.
- Mix in the rice, soy sauce and sherry.
- Cook until heated through.
- Stir in the egg strips and top with cilantro.