Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a wonderful variation of regular Cole slaw
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups green cabbage, shredded (about a quarter head)
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded (about a quarter head)
- 2 cups fresh spinach, shredded (about 2 ounces)
- 1⁄2 small red onion, cut in half and sliced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Mix all sauce ingredients using a whisk, or in a blender or food processor. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, toss all slaw ingredients together. Pour sauce over slaw and toss well to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Except for being a bit generous with the measure of dry mustard, I followed your recipe right on down & had a great tasting slaw, thoroughly enjoying the slight kick from the cayenne! Thanks for sharing this recipe keeper! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
This is a GREAT coleslaw! I love the purple and green colors. I mixed the sauce in a pyrex with my immersion blender, I only used a dash of cayenne, subbed 3 Splenda packets for the sugar, and added the garlic to it. On my scale, 1/4 lb of cabbage is about 2 cups about a quarter of a head. A 1/4 lb of spinach would have been 4 cups, I only used 2 cups. I chopped everything confetti style. The sauce was more than enough. I let it sit a few hours and then topped it with the parsely...I'm not sure it really needed it and would have liked cilantro better. I think this could be even better with more mustard, the addition of vinegar and some chopped red bell peppers. I would also double this next time. Freddy Cat says thanks for the recipe! Made for the Photo tag game.