Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from "Herbs and Spices the Cook's Reference" by Jill Norman. I've never seen one like this! It sounds more like a flavored oil sauce. Serve with poached or baked fish, grilled meats, artichokes, cauliflower or broccoli.
- 2 cups fresh parsley sprigs, chopped (says 2 handfuls)
- 3 sprigs of fresh mint or 3 sprigs basil, chopped
- 1 fresh garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- 4 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil, approx (150ml)
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Blend the herbs, garlic, capers, and anchovy fillets to a coarse paste. You can use a food processor, blender or immersion blender.
- Scrape down the sides and slowly add oil and blend until it makes a smooth sauce.
- Season to taste.
Yum! We loved this! I did cut the recipe down to 2.5-3 servings and prepared it in my immersion blender. It whipped together with ease. I used basil because that is what I had on hand. I also was lucky and had a can of anchovy's because I have another recipe that needs them. :) This worked perfect for a sauce to put over our cooked salmon. Delicious! Thanks for posting.