Recipe by SweetySJD
I grew up with a traditional layered salad with peas and bacon and cheese. This one is a little different and I like it!
Top Review by ctinasmth
Well I was not sure about this salad the first time I made it but everyone else loved it...So I decieded to give it another try and found that it was really good just different. I guess the combination of everything makes it very interesting. I just put it together like a normal seven layer salad with the dressing sealing the top. Will keep this one around for when I get bored with other salads.
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups Baby Spinach
- 3 1⁄2 cups roasted deli chicken, skin removed, torn in pieces
- 1 red pepper, cut in strips
- 4 large eggs, hard-boiled
- 1 small head iceberg lettuce, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup pecan pieces, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 3 slices bacon, fried crisp and coarsely crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Use a 4-5 quart serving bowl, preferably clear glass so layers are visible.
- Whisk all dressing ingredients in a small bowl until well combined. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Spread spinach over bottom of serving bowl.
- Top with chicken.
- Place a row of red pepper strips around the sides of the bowl and scatter remaining strips in the middle.
- Place egg wedges against side of bowl, the rest in the middle.
- Top with even layers of lettuce and carrots.
- Spread dressing over top to the edges of bowl to seal.
- Refrigerate two hours, or cover airtight and refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving sprinkle with cheese, pecans and bacon.
- I prefer to toss it as well, but some people just spoon through the layers.