Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a beautiful tasting lasagna! A different version from the original using lasagna sheets by using angel hair spaghetti or Capelli d'angelo (Italian name) Its a very thin spaghetti. Easy to make and tastes great!Even for those non veggie lovers! Came from Womens Weekly Cookbook.
- 400 g pumpkin, peeled and cut into pieces
- 500 g chopped silver beet (coarsely)
- 150 g angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (or you could use spray] 1 small leek sliced thinly (200g) or 1 onion, diced
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable stock
- 3⁄4 cup ricotta cheese
- 3⁄4 cup cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups bottled pasta sauce
- 3⁄4 cup pizza cheese (or a mix of mozzarella, parmesan and tasty cheddar cheese)
- Preheat oven to moderate around 180°C.
- Boil or steam pumpkin until just tender.
- Boil or steam silverbeet until wilted; drain separately.
- Mash pumpkin in small bowl set aside.
- Drain silverbeet on absorbent towels and place towels on top of silver beet as well set aside.
- Cook pasta in boiling water til tender drain rinse under cold water, drain.
- Heat oil or spray in pan, cook leek or onion, stirring about 5 min for leek less for onion until softened.
- Add pumpkin and stock cook covered stirring occasionally until stock is absorbed.
- Combine silverbeet and ricotta and cream in a bowl.
- Spread pumpkin mixture over bottom of a 2-litre ovenproof dish.
- Cover with half the pasta.
- Spread pasta sauce on top of that.
- Cover with other half of pasta.
- Pour silverbeet mixture on top of that spreading to completely cover pasta.
- Sprinkle with cheese place lasagne on oven tray bake uncovered about 30 minutes or until lasagne is heated through and cheese is browning lightly.