1/1 Photo of A Different Kind of Vegetable Lasagna
1 hr 15 mins
This is a beautiful tasting lasagna! A different version from the original using lasagna sheets by using angel hair spaghetti or Capelli d'angelo (Italian name) Its a very thin spaghetti. Easy to make and tastes great!Even for those non veggie lovers! Came from Womens Weekly Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 400 g pumpkin, peeled and cut into pieces
- 500 g chopped silver beet (coarsely)
- 150 g angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (or you could use spray] 1 small leek sliced thinly (200g) or 1 onion, diced
- 2/3 cup vegetable stock
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup cream
- 1 1/2 cups bottled pasta sauce
- 3/4 cup pizza cheese (or a mix of mozzarella, parmesan and tasty cheddar cheese)
- 1Preheat oven to moderate around 180°C.
- 2Boil or steam pumpkin until just tender.
- 3Boil or steam silverbeet until wilted; drain separately.
- 4Mash pumpkin in small bowl set aside.
- 5Drain silverbeet on absorbent towels and place towels on top of silver beet as well set aside.
- 6Cook pasta in boiling water til tender drain rinse under cold water, drain.
- 7Heat oil or spray in pan, cook leek or onion, stirring about 5 min for leek less for onion until softened.
- 8Add pumpkin and stock cook covered stirring occasionally until stock is absorbed.
- 9Combine silverbeet and ricotta and cream in a bowl.
- 10Spread pumpkin mixture over bottom of a 2-litre ovenproof dish.
- 11Cover with half the pasta.
- 12Spread pasta sauce on top of that.
- 13Cover with other half of pasta.
- 14Pour silverbeet mixture on top of that spreading to completely cover pasta.
- 15Sprinkle with cheese place lasagne on oven tray bake uncovered about 30 minutes or until lasagne is heated through and cheese is browning lightly.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for A Different Kind of Vegetable Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 352.9
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 48.8 mg
- Sodium 516.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 10.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: