Recipe by Radka
This is a delicious family breakfast treat and it's very very simple to make. If you're not a fan of the sweet french toast, this is a perfect alternative!
Top Review by sugarpea
Now THIS is a 10* recipe! Absolutely delicious and sooo satisfying. Best of all it's quick, simple and easy. It made a great supper. I can't wait to try this when tomatoes are in season.
- 1 slice rye bread (or any other 'hard' bread)
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 small tomatoes
- 1⁄2 small onion (or green onions)
- 1 tablespoon hot mustard (old fashioned style mustard is best)
- 1 tablespoon oil (whatever kind you prefer)
Directions See How It's Made
- Break the egg into a cup or small bowl and beat with a fork till the yolk and egg white is mixed.
- Put the salt in the egg mixture and stir.
- Cut tomato into slices.
- Cut up onion finely.
- Heat pan with oil in it on medium till oil starts to cook. Make sure the oil covers the entire pan.
- Pour egg mixture in pan and put the piece of bread on top immediately or it will not stick.
- Let it cook till the egg is golden brown on the one side and then flip it over.
- When the other side is crunchy as well, take it out.
- Spread the mustard on the side of the bread with the egg on it.
- Add the remaining toppings and enjoy!