Recipe by Martini Guy
Want something off the grill for a Summer lunch? Add 3 guests, your favorite chilled beverage and maybe a fruit salad and enjoy!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, sized to fit the French rolls you pick out
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into 1/2 in. slices
- 1 1⁄4 cups thousand island dressing, divided
- 4 French rolls, split
- 4 dill pickle slices (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brush chicken and onion with 1/2 cup of the salad dressing and set aside.
- Combine 1/4 cup of the salad dressing with the cabbage, mix well and set aside.
- Grill the chicken 5 to 7 minutes per side or until no pink in the center.
- Top each chicken breast with a slice of Swiss cheese during the last minute of grilling.
- Grill onion slices 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until browned and tender.
- Grill rolls until toasted.
- Spread toasted sides with remaining salad dressing.
- Place chicken on roll bottoms.
- Top with onion, cabbage mixture and roll tops.
- Garnish each, if desired, with a dill pickle spear and a toothpick.
- Serve immediately.