Recipe by babygirl65
This was just something that we threw together one night for a different kind of garlic bread. It came out super yummy!!
Top Review by Chef Buggsy Mate
This was a really good garlic bread to serve with our spaghetti tonight. I loved the added tomato with the garlic and cheese. I used the olive oil and found that I ran out of oil before finishing all of the bread slices. Next time I make it I will try using butter and see if there is much of a difference in taste. Made for My-3-Chefs 08
- 1 loaf French bread, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, use garlic press
- 1 dash Italian spices
- 1 -2 roma tomato, sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) package mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place slices of bread on a stone or cookie sheet. Brush with a little olive oil or melted butter.
- In a small sauce pan, add olive oil or butter. (whatever you like).
- When hot, add Italian seasonings and garlic. (You can adjust the amount of garlic and Italian seasoning to your taste).
- Cook about 2 to 3 minutes until garlic is softened. Be careful not to burn garlic.
- Add sliced tomatoes on top of sliced bread. Brush mixture on top of bread and tomatoes.
- Add cheese. (You can use an Italian blend cheese if you like).
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
- This is good with any Italian dish! I love it with spaghetti!