Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe comes from my sis in N.C. It is a simple, no-fuss fruit dip that is a little different from all the rest. The taste of this dip is incredible, and everyone who has tried it has loved it. I like to cut the fruits into bite-sized pieces and stick a toothpick into each one, serve the fruit on a platter with the dip in the middle. Perfect summer appetizer!!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup iced tea mix powder
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 3 -4 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix all ingredients with hand-held mixer.
- Refrigerate until serving.
- Suggested dippers: fresh strawberries, cantaloupe or honeydew melon, sliced fresh peaches, apple slices, mango.
Oh Manda, this truly was a quick and easy fruit dip to prepare; that is until it got into the hands of yours truly. It took me an hour and a half! Ten minutes to prepared the dip and eighty minutes to whittle out the small watermelon that it nested in! It was stylized eagle no less! Welllll it WAS Independence Day: but back to the dip, it truly had a [I]unique[/I] flavour that was totally complementary to the various fruit bits. It is hard for me to compare it to any other dips I have tasted...for there aren’t any that come remotely close. I urge anyone looking for a great tasting fruit dip and scads of compliments to give this recipe a try. I also strongly urge them to skip the watermelon rind eagle. Thank you Manda
Very easy to make and uses ingredient that are in cupboard. Was interesting but I've enjoyed other dips more. One thing I would note is to add the white sugar to taste, 1/3 cup was too sweet for me along with the iced tea.