Recipe by heatherhopecs
A coworker brought this to a potluck and I had to have the recipe. I looked at other similar items on Zaar but this one's unique! Give it a try!
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope taco seasoning, divided
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco jalapeno sauce
- 1 tablespoon seeded and diced jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon diced red onion
- 1 cup seeded and diced red bell pepper
- 8 ounces shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat over to 300 degrees F.
- Place pecans on a small baking sheet and toast in oven for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and toss with 2 tablespoons taco seasoning; set aside.
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, remaining taco seasoning and Tabasco sauce until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add jalapeno, onion, bell pepper and Colby-Jack cheese. Stir to combine. Using a rubber spatula, shape cheese into a large ball.
- Place a large sheet of plastic wrap on counter top, sprinkle reserved seasoned nuts over plastic. Roll cheese ball in nuts, coating entire outside of ball.
- Bring sides of plastic wrap up around ball to seal. Wrap in additional layer of plastic wrap to seal. Place cheese ball on a plate and refrigerate several hours until firm.
- Serve with crackers.