Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
A friend gave me this recipe and it sounds really interesting. I have not tried it yet, but look forward to making it soon. I am posting it here so I won't lose it.
- 1⁄2 cup rice, uncooked
- 1 lb zucchini, sliced
- 1 lb yellow squash, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 1 green pepper, sliced into strips
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced thinly
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- spray crock pot with cooking spray.
- layer ingredients in order as listed, except brown sugar and olive oil.
- sprinkle brown sugar over all the vegetables.
- drizzle olive oil over all.
- cook 6 hours on low.
Loved that I could throw all of this in the crockpot and have a side dish done by dinner time. A colorful mix that's perfect for all of those summer garden veggies. I made a half recipe which completely filled my 3 1/2 qt crock pot. After cooking there was additional liquid at the bottom, so more rice could be added if desired. Did feel like this needed a little something: salt, Italian seasoning, maybe a sprinkle of Parmesan or cheddar on top. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for PAC Fall 2008.
This is really good Thanks for sharing
Don't bother with this recipe! It's almost as if the recipe is only half-complete. I ended up having to add water to stop it burning/sticking which resulted in a rice mush that looked like sick. Sorry, 1/5!