Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs 30 mins
Most Eclair Cakes or Desserts use Graham Crackers. I find that by using Club Crackers, the desert actually tastes more like a true Chocolate Eclair. I find its not as sweet using the Club Crackers also. If you don't want to make the frosting, use a ready made chocolate fudge frosting. Just heat for a few seconds so its pourable. Cook time is chill time. To make it lighter, you can use sugar free pudding, low fat milk, low fat Club crackers, and sugar free Cool Whip.
- 1 (16 ounce) box Club crackers
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes vanilla instant pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (9 ounce) Cool Whip, thawed
- 2 ounces chocolate squares
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Arrange Club crackers on the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan, to completely cover bottom in a single layer.
- Mix pudding and milk, then fold in cool whip.
- Pour pudding mixture on layer of Club crackers, then add another layer of crackers,to completely cover top in a single layer. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Melt chocolate and butter together. Once combined, add remaining ingredients, stirring until all combined.
- Pour frosting over chilled cake and refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving.
- You will have Club crackers left.
I have been looking for this recipe ever since I tried it at a cookout last summer! I'm so happy to have found a copy. This is so easy to make and its absolutely delicious :] Thank you!
Terriif! Really is more like a true eclair. I cut the recipe in half and made it in a 9x9 pan with no problem. Used sugar-free pudding and sugar-free Coolwhip. Used a sugar free hot fudge sauce for the frosting(warmed, then thinned ever so slightly with fat free 1/2-1/2--still got raves! Thanks!
This is very good. At first I thought crackers I don't I know about this. But why not give it a try. It's so creamy and the flavor is very good and so easy to put together. You would never know it has crackers. I have made the other one, I like this one much better. My grandkids were over the other day, they had some my DGD (6)said grammie this is so good. My DGS (4) didn't say anything he was to busy filling his mouth. Thanks