Recipe by sm2be
I came up with this while suffering through a terrible cold/sinus infection. You can also add fresh serrano chiles like I do, they're great for the sinuses!
- 3 chicken breasts, with bones
- 1 (32 ounce) can chicken broth or 1 (32 ounce) can stock
- 3 carrots, halved
- 2 stalks celery, halved
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced (Italian brown have a great flavor)
- 3 stalks bok choy, in large slices
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare stock, simmer breasts and other stock ingredients in canned broth until the meat begins to fall off the bone.
- I usually leave them in the crockpot while I go to work.
- Strain, reserving broth and meat.
- Toss everything else.
- Cut chicken into manageable pieces and add to stock.
- Add the rest of the"goodies" and simmer until they reach desired texture.
- You can add cooked pasta or rice to this also.