We have trouble eating up a large cake, I end up throwing out a lot. So here is my answer to that problem. This makes a 9 inch round, simply delicious cake that I know you will love. And it's easy to make, so you can always have a fresh one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350*.
- 2Melt the 3 T butter in a 9 inch round cake pan.
- 3Stir in the brown sugar and water.
- 4Sprinkle with coconut and pecans.
- 5Set aside.
- 6In mixing bowl, mix the flour, sugar, cocoa, brown sugar, and baking powder.
- 7Add milk, butter, eggs and vanilla.
- 8Beat on med for 1-1/2 minutes.
- 9Spread batter into prepared pan.
- 10Bake for 45 minutes or until cake tests done.
- 11Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes.
- 12Loosen the sides and invert onto cake plate.
- 13Sprinkle with chocolate chips while still warm.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for A Different Cake
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 615.5
- Calories from Fat 289
- Total Fat 32.1 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 108.9 mg
- Sodium 266.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 57.9 g
- Protein 7.9 g