Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a very moist Banana Pound cake because the Bananas are precooked in Butter.
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, chilled
- 2 -3 bananas, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup salted butter, plus
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, melted.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt the chilled butter over medium heat.
- Sprinkle bananas with the 1 tblsp sugar and add to butter in skillet Stir frequently until soft and slightly caramelized.
- Set aside to cool.
- In bowl combine eggs and the remaining sugar and beat until creamy.
- Gradually add flour and baking powder.
- Add melted butter beating to blend.
- Add the caramelized bananas and gently stir with a wooden spoon.
- Scrape into a floured loaf pan.
- Bake in the center of oven for 40 to 50 minutes.
Great recipe I made this at home and there was none left by the next day.