Recipe by JoJoStar
One baking dish...one wonderful meal!
Top Review by Pinkytz
I really wanted to love this but there was just too much lemon for my taste. I think I will tryi it again without the sliced lemon in the bottom or just 1/2 lemon sliced It also could use more salt and some herbs in the oil mixture. I t did smell wonderful while baking and the chicken was moist adn done perfectly in 50 minutes as stated. Well it seems I was too hasty in my rating. DH didn't eat it til the next day warmed up and he loved it. I liked it better the second day too. The lemon seemed to have mellowed a bit and I will definitely try this again with some minor adjustments.
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 lb trimmed green beans
- 6 small red potatoes, quartered
- 4 chicken breasts (bones left in, with skin-about 3 1/4 pounds)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Coat a large baking dish or cast-iron skillet with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
- Arrange the lemon slices in a single layer in the bottom of the dish or skillet.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Add the green beans and toss to coat.
- Using a slotted spoon or tongs, remove the green beans and arrange them on top of the lemon slices.
- Add the potatoes to the same olive-oil mixture and toss to coat.
- Using a slotted spoon or tongs , arrange the potatoes along the inside edge of the dish or skillet on top of the green beans.
- Place the chicken in the same bowl with the olive-oil mixture and coat thoroughly.
- Place the chicken, skin-side up, in the dish or skillet.
- Pour any of the remaining olive-oil mixture over the chicken.
- Roast for 50 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the dish or skillet.
- Place the beans and potatoes back in the oven for 10 minutes more until the potatoes are tender.
- Place a chicken breast on each of 4 serving plates, divide the green beans and potatoes.