Recipe by 2Bleu
We created this easy-to-make breakfast with thoughts of a loved one using our Pecan Praline Topping which includes french toast, scrambled eggs, coffee, juice, the morning paper, a single red rose, and all the love you can offer. :) Double the coffee and juice if you want to share this for a bit of romance. ;)
Top Review by ~SarahBeth~
This is a super menu! I did not use the pecan praline topping since DH does not like pralines and this was for him. :) The french toast was wonderful! We had mimosas and Recipe #403674 as our beverages! Thanks for posting! Made for PRMR tag February 2010!
- 3 eggs (or 3/4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute)
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 2 slices Texas toast thick bread
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon sugar
- 1⁄2 banana, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons prepared topping (Pecan Praline Topping, warmed and with rum addition)
- 2 tablespoons fat free whipped cream (cool-whip)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cocoa powder (or instant espresso granules)
Additional Items Needed
- 8 ounces coffee (or tea if that's their liking)
- 6 ounces orange juice (or whichever juice they prefer)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix egg and milk in a small shallow dish. Add bread slices, turning to coat. Set aside.
- Spray a skillet with nonstick cooking spray and over medium heat add soaked bread slices (reserve the egg mixture). Sprinkle half the cinnamon sugar over top. Cook 2-3 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Turn bread over in skillet, sprinkle remaining cinnamon sugar over top, and cook 2-3 minutes more until underside is lightly browned.
- Flip bread over for 15 seconds to crisp the sugar, then remove onto a serving plate, offsetting the two slices. Keep warm.
- Spray skillet again with nonstick cooking spray and add the leftover egg/milk mixture. Scramble eggs with salt and pepper to taste and desired doneness. Place on a small serving plate.
- FOR THE FRENCH TOAST: gently spread 1 tbsp of the warmed pecan praline sauce onto each slice of toast. Scatter the banana slices over top and around the french toast. Place a dollop of whipped cream in the center of the overlapped, offset toasts. Dust lightly with cocoa powder.
- TO SERVE: Place the plate of french toast, the plate of eggs, coffee or tea, juice, morning paper, a rose, linen napkin, and utensils on a serving tray and serve it to your loved one in bed with a "Good Morning Beautiful" smile.