1/1 Photo of A Complete Breakfast in Bed for the One You Love
We created this easy-to-make breakfast with thoughts of a loved one using our Pecan Praline Topping which includes french toast, scrambled eggs, coffee, juice, the morning paper, a single red rose, and all the love you can offer. :) Double the coffee and juice if you want to share this for a bit of romance. ;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 eggs (or 3/4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute)
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 2 slices Texas toast thick bread
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon sugar
- 1/2 banana, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons prepared topping (Pecan Praline Topping, warmed and with rum addition)
- 2 tablespoons fat free whipped cream (cool-whip)
- 1/4 teaspoon cocoa powder (or instant espresso granules)
Additional Items Needed
- 8 ounces coffee (or tea if that's their liking)
- 6 ounces orange juice (or whichever juice they prefer)
- 1Mix egg and milk in a small shallow dish. Add bread slices, turning to coat. Set aside.
- 2Spray a skillet with nonstick cooking spray and over medium heat add soaked bread slices (reserve the egg mixture). Sprinkle half the cinnamon sugar over top. Cook 2-3 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- 3Turn bread over in skillet, sprinkle remaining cinnamon sugar over top, and cook 2-3 minutes more until underside is lightly browned.
- 4Flip bread over for 15 seconds to crisp the sugar, then remove onto a serving plate, offsetting the two slices. Keep warm.
- 5Spray skillet again with nonstick cooking spray and add the leftover egg/milk mixture. Scramble eggs with salt and pepper to taste and desired doneness. Place on a small serving plate.
- 6FOR THE FRENCH TOAST: gently spread 1 tbsp of the warmed pecan praline sauce onto each slice of toast. Scatter the banana slices over top and around the french toast. Place a dollop of whipped cream in the center of the overlapped, offset toasts. Dust lightly with cocoa powder.
- 7TO SERVE: Place the plate of french toast, the plate of eggs, coffee or tea, juice, morning paper, a rose, linen napkin, and utensils on a serving tray and serve it to your loved one in bed with a "Good Morning Beautiful" smile.
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Eggs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for A Complete Breakfast in Bed for the One You Love
Serving Size: 1 (714 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 555.2
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 639.6 mg
- Sodium 648.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 28.7 g
- Protein 27.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: