Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Yummy fondue to serve with anything. Dip meats, veggies, or bread into it!
- 2 1⁄2 cups white wine
- 3 garlic cloves
- 16 ounces gruyere cheese, grated
- 1 lb swiss cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons kirsch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In saucepan simmer the wine and garlic.
- Then put all into the crock pot, except for the nutmeg.
- Let cook on high for 2 hours, sprinkle with nutmeg and cook for another 2 hours on low.
It was nice tasting the classic combination of cheese fondue again, because I have been making fondue with beer, blue cheese, chilies etc the last few years, these were the true classic flavors. The problem I had with this recipe was that it did not want to melt together completely. I wonder or it is the crockpot or the flour, I normally use cornstarch for binding. I did try to whisk it in a normal pan on low heat after the crockpot cooking time was finished, but it kept seperating. Used Gruyere and Emmenthaler, had it as a maincourse and then I think it serves 4-6. Will make this again but cooking it in the tradional way, on top of the stove.