Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Yummy choccie truffles - need more be said? Ok, the prep time includes setting time!
Make and share this A Chocolate Box of Truffles recipe from Food.com.
- 120 g chocolate (70%+)
- 90 ml cream
- 10-20 ml calvados, brandy, rum or 10-20 ml other alcohol
- 29.58 ml pecan nuts or 29.58 ml brazil nuts or 29.58 ml macadamia nuts, chopped
- 29.58 ml almonds or 29.58 ml hazelnuts, chopped
- 14.79 ml raisins or 14.79 ml other dried fruit, chopped
- icing sugar (for dusting)
- cocoa powder (for dusting)
- Cover a baking tray with clingfilm and/or use chocolate cases.
- Break the chocolate into small pieces in a large bowl.
- Bring the cream to a rolling boil.
- Pour the cream onto the chocolate and stir until fully melted and blended in .
- Optional Stage: You can split the chocolate mixture into different bowls. I tend to keep a 3rd plain and mix a 3rd with a combo of nuts and raisins and a mix a 3rd with some alcohol. All flavourings are only suggestions.
- Leave to set at room temperature (uncovered).
- After 90 minutes or so the chocolate mixture should be set (it can take longer with some alcohol).
- Roll a teaspoon of mixture into a ball and immediately roll the ball in icing sugar, cocoa powder or finely chopped nuts. Place on tray or in cases.
- Repeat until all of the chocolate mixture has been turned into truffles.
- NB It is also possible to melt some additional chocolate and coat the truffles in this as a nice coating!
These are fabulous. I used a mixture of 72%, 75% & 80% dark chocolates. Added 3 Tbsp chopped dried cherries (love cherries & chocolate!) to the whole batch. Got 18 heaping tsp truffles; rolled 6 in crushed pecans and the rest in cocoa. Thanks for sharing!