dimensionally transcendental's Note:
Yummy choccie truffles - need more be said? Ok, the prep time includes setting time!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 120 g chocolate (70%+)
- 90 ml cream
- 10 -20 ml calvados, brandy, rum or 10 -20 ml other alcohol
- 2 tablespoons pecan nuts or 2 tablespoons brazil nuts or 2 tablespoons macadamia nuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons almonds or 2 tablespoons hazelnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon raisins or 1 tablespoon other dried fruit, chopped
- icing sugar (for dusting)
- cocoa powder (for dusting)
- 1Cover a baking tray with clingfilm and/or use chocolate cases.
- 2Break the chocolate into small pieces in a large bowl.
- 3Bring the cream to a rolling boil.
- 4Pour the cream onto the chocolate and stir until fully melted and blended in .
- 5Optional Stage: You can split the chocolate mixture into different bowls. I tend to keep a 3rd plain and mix a 3rd with a combo of nuts and raisins and a mix a 3rd with some alcohol. All flavourings are only suggestions.
- 6Leave to set at room temperature (uncovered).
- 7After 90 minutes or so the chocolate mixture should be set (it can take longer with some alcohol).
- 8Roll a teaspoon of mixture into a ball and immediately roll the ball in icing sugar, cocoa powder or finely chopped nuts. Place on tray or in cases.
- 9Repeat until all of the chocolate mixture has been turned into truffles.
- 10NB It is also possible to melt some additional chocolate and coat the truffles in this as a nice coating!
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for A Chocolate Box of Truffles
Serving Size: 1 (378 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 72.7
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 6.7 mg
- Sodium 7.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: