This soup is very refreshing on a hot day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put oil, leeks and potatoes in a medium-sized saucepan.
- 2Saute over medium heat, stirring constantly, until softened, about 8-10 minutes.
- 3Add grated beets, saute 1 minute longer and add broth to pan.
- 4Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for approximately ½ an hour, until vegetables are practically melted into the broth.
- 5Puree them in a blender or using an immersion blender (be careful with the immersion blender!).
- 6Season to taste.
- 7Add the cream and heat well, but do not boil.
- 8Remove from heat.
- 9If soup is too thick, thin it with a bit of milk.
- 10Cool and refrigerate.
- 11To serve: Sprinkle minced dill over top.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for A Chilled Soup of Leek, Potato and Beet
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 430.6
- Calories from Fat 260
- Total Fat 28.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 66.3 mg
- Sodium 67.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 5.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: