Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This soup is very refreshing on a hot day.
Make and share this A Chilled Soup of Leek, Potato and Beet recipe from Food.com.
- Put oil, leeks and potatoes in a medium-sized saucepan.
- Saute over medium heat, stirring constantly, until softened, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add grated beets, saute 1 minute longer and add broth to pan.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for approximately ½ an hour, until vegetables are practically melted into the broth.
- Puree them in a blender or using an immersion blender (be careful with the immersion blender!).
- Season to taste.
- Add the cream and heat well, but do not boil.
- Remove from heat.
- If soup is too thick, thin it with a bit of milk.
- Cool and refrigerate.
- To serve: Sprinkle minced dill over top.