6 hrs 25 mins
I was throwing together a few ideas into one. This didn't come out like I thought but tasty none the less. I am not to huge on soups but my boyfriend inhaled two hearty bowls worth of this soup. I figured if he ever asks for it again I needed to write it down, and I am sure soup lovers out there might enjoy this so here goes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 lbs roasting chickens (cut up)
- 2 medium onions
- 1/3 green bell pepper
- 1/3 red bell pepper
- 1/3 yellow bell pepper
- 5 -7 small potatoes
- 20 baby carrots
- 4 stalks celery
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 5 ounces milk
- sea salt (to taste)
- fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 1Peel and slice potatoes in thin chip slices.
- 2Layer on bottom of crock pot.
- 3Salt and pepper.
- 4Cut onions in slices against rings and layer on top of potatoes.
- 5Chop bell peppers and throw over onions.
- 6Chop celery and add.
- 7Chop carrots and add.
- 8Lay cut pieces of chicken on top.
- 9Pour in soups and spread them out; add 1/2 can of milk (soup can that is).
- 10Salt and pepper.
- 11Put lid on and set on low for 6-8 hours.
- 12When ready remove chicken and take out the bones; cut chicken into chunks add back to soup.
- 13Stir and serve.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for A Chicken Soup
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 351.4
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 75.7 mg
- Sodium 527.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 19.9 g