Recipe by Sharon123
Ah Mexico! Such wonderful flavors come from there. Here is a quesadilla with goat's cheese, cottage cheese and mozzarella cheese, enhanced with spinach, tomato and cilantro, and of course, some jalapeno pepper!
Top Review by ChefGirlrd87
This was awesome! we decided to use pizza dough instead of tortillas, and made a stuffed crust pizza out of it. My father in law is trying to eat a healthier diet, so we often find interesting recipes on here, and this was our favorite so far! Also, Tracy, you can barely taste the spinach!
- 1⁄4 cup goat cheese
- 2⁄3 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 large flour tortillas
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno peppers, seeded, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to 425*F.
- In a blender, puree the goat cheese, cottage cheese, half of the mozzarella cheese, and pepper to taste.
- Spread half of the cheese mixture on each tortilla to 1/2" inside the edge.
- Sprinkle half of each remaining ingredient over each tortilla(onion, tomato, spinach, cilantro, chives, jalapeno, garlic and parsley).
- Place one tortilla on a cookie sheet. Place the other on top of it. Sprinkle the top with the remaining mozzarella.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, or until cheese begins to brown.
- Slice into four wedges and serve warm. Enjoy!