Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Ah Mexico! Such wonderful flavors come from there. Here is a quesadilla with goat's cheese, cottage cheese and mozzarella cheese, enhanced with spinach, tomato and cilantro, and of course, some jalapeno pepper!
- 1⁄4 cup goat cheese
- 2⁄3 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 large flour tortillas
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno peppers, seeded, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 425*F.
- In a blender, puree the goat cheese, cottage cheese, half of the mozzarella cheese, and pepper to taste.
- Spread half of the cheese mixture on each tortilla to 1/2" inside the edge.
- Sprinkle half of each remaining ingredient over each tortilla(onion, tomato, spinach, cilantro, chives, jalapeno, garlic and parsley).
- Place one tortilla on a cookie sheet. Place the other on top of it. Sprinkle the top with the remaining mozzarella.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, or until cheese begins to brown.
- Slice into four wedges and serve warm. Enjoy!
This was awesome! we decided to use pizza dough instead of tortillas, and made a stuffed crust pizza out of it. My father in law is trying to eat a healthier diet, so we often find interesting recipes on here, and this was our favorite so far! Also, Tracy, you can barely taste the spinach!
Mmmm! What a nice lunch this made for us today. I cut the recipe in half to serve the three of us (my hubby always eats 2!) and enjoyed it immensely. I did sub green chilies for the jalepenos to make it more milke but left everything else as is. Thanks for posting!