1/1 Photo of A Cheese Lasagna to Build On
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 20 mins
The title should speak for itself. The reason why I call it so, is because in my family everyone has different tastes, and it is sometimes hard to appeal to everyone. I like to have broccoli and red onion, my father will only likes spinach above all other vegetables, and insists on packing on the cheese, my mother prefers it plain, and my brother doesn't like onion so much. /the best combination of cheeses I found is Monterey Jack and cottage cheese. All vegetables below are optional because the plain cheese lasagna is just the starting place. For those who like to experiment go right ahead, I'll use any other ingredients you suggest as part of an optional ingredient list.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 4 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 4 cups cottage cheese
- 4 1/2 cups pasta sauce, divided (your fave kind)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder, divided (or more as desired)
- salt and pepper (and also divided for each layer)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen broccoli, thawed (optional)
- 1 cup frozen spinach, thawed (optional)
- 1 cup red onion, chopped (optional)
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Cook lasagna noodles as directed on the package. Drain, and let cool for a few minutes.
- 3Lay three noodles at the bottom of a ungreased lasagna pan (you can use any other large baking pan. I use a lasagna pan).
- 4Add some pasta sauce, followed by some shredded cheese, followed by some cottage cheese.
- 5Sprinkle some garlic powder, salt and pepper. With the exception of the vegetables repeat basic steps, until all the noodles, cheeses, sauce and seasonings have been used up.
- 6On the first layer add the spinach. On the second layer add the broccoli, and on the third layer add the red onion. You don't have to go by this order, but it is a suggestion. Leave these vegetables if you are in the mood for just plain cheese lasagna, and just follow the first five steps.
- 7Bake for one hour.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for A Cheese Lasagna to Build On
Serving Size: 1 (328 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 442.6
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 1125.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 27.4 g