Recipe by Nonnie4Two
This recipe came to me when guests of my wedding shower all brought their favorite recipes, to help me start my own recipe box. I've since lost the original recipe card, and can't remember who gave it to me. It is very easy, and my boys love it.
Top Review by Domestic Goddess
Nonnie, my husband and I loved this chili. I did make a few changes to the recipe tho. I didn't add the liquid from the canned black beans, but rather drained and rinsed the beans. And to make up for the liquid I took from the beans, I added one (5.5 ounce) can of Spicy Hot V-8 Vegetable Juice, and boy did that taste good in this chili, but for those who don't want their chili to taste 'hot' & 'spicy', I think one could use a regular V-8 Vegetable Juice. When it came to the baked beans, I only used one (16 ounce) can, that I had bought from an Aldi's store. (The 16 ounce can of beans seemed like the right amount of baked beans for this chili.) I think if I would of used Bush's Baked Beans, it would of made this chili taste a bit more sweeter, and even more sweeter if I would of added a (28 ounce) can. By the way I should mention here, that I could not find a can of diced tomatoes with jalapeno's, but rather diced tomatoes with green chilies, and I used the Happy Harvest brand which I bought from Aldi's, which I really liked. I cooked this chili in a 3-1/2 quart size crockpot for 7 hrs. I can't say for sure if the chili was done cooking in less amount of time, as I wasn't home sooner to find out. One other thing I wanted to mention, that if one was to add a (28 ounce) can of baked beans in this recipe, I would recommend using a 4-quart size crockpot or a larger one, as the 3-1/2 quart crockpot wouldn't be large enough for the entire chili. Nonnie, thank you so much for posting this recipe, as it was sooo good!!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger
- 1 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canpetite diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canpetite diced tomatoes with jalapenos
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (28 ounce) can baked beans
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray crockpot liner with Pam or other cooking spray.
- Brown hamburger, drain, rinse to remove excess grease and place in crockpot.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning over the top of the hamburger.
- Add soup, tomatoes and beans, without draining liquid from tomatoes and beans; mix well.
- Cover and let simmer on low for 8-10 hours.
- Serve with cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips.