Little wedges of phyllo wrapped cheese served on top of baby greens. When you cut into the pastry with a fork, the warm cheese bursts out onto the greens, creating a delightful surprise. The richness of the cheese is beautifully balanced with the tartness of the balsamic vinegar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups assorted baby greens, washed and dried
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans, for garnish (optional)
- 1For the sherry vinaigrette, whisk all ingredients together in a large stainless steel bowl.
- 2Transfer to a jar with a tight fitting lid and store in the fridge until needed.
- 3Shake well before using.
- 4Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 5Cut the wheel of camembert into 6 triangles.
- 6On a cutting board, lay out one sheet of phyllo dough and brush it with melted butter.
- 7Place another sheet of phyllo on top of the first and brush it with butter as well, reserving about 4 TBS of the butter for later.
- 8Using a sharp knife, cut the buttered phyllo sheets into 6 strips, about 2 1/2 inches wide.
- 9Place a triangle of Camembert on one end of each phyllo strip.
- 10Fold one corner of the dough over to cover the cheese and form a triangle.
- 11Continue folding the dough, like a flag, maintaining the triangular shape.
- 12Place the triangles, seam side down, on the baking sheet and rrefrigerate until ready to serve.
- 13In a small heavy bottomed saucepan, reduce the balsamic vinegar by half and set aside.
- 14In a large skillet, heat baout 4 TBS of the remaining melted butter over low heat.
- 15Add the pastry wrapped cheese wedges and cook for 30 to 45 seconds on each side until just golden brown.
- 16Using tongs, remove the cheese triangles from the skillet and drain on paper towels.
- 17Place the greens in a large bowl; lightly dress them with the sherry vinaigrette, and place a small mound of dressed greens in the center of each plate.
- 18Place a warm cheese triangle on top of each pile of greens.
- 19Drizzle the reduced balsamic vinegar around the greens and garnish with toasted pecans, if desired.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for A Burst of Camembert on Baby Greens
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 706.9
- Calories from Fat 642
- Total Fat 71.3 g
- Saturated Fat 22.1 g
- Cholesterol 71.3 mg
- Sodium 587.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 9.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar