Recipe by Dancer^
The batter will change color in the refrigerator, do not panic..its just the bran.
- 3 cups all-bran cereal
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk (mix skim milk with 2 tbsps. lemon juice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour water over cereal and let stand.
- Mix together remaining ingredients then add softened cereal.
- Bake as many as desired in muffin tins sprayed with Pam.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.
- NOTE: This recipe makes 40 large muffins but you can cook what you want now and keep the batter in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks and have hot muffins anytime.
- You can add raisins or other fruit, dried cherries or cranberries.