Recipe by Baby Kato
Get your fruits for the day with this orange, apricot, pineapple and banana breakfast smoothie. You will feel like the sun burst inside of you, it is perfect for those mornings when you have to rush around, its refreshing, tastes good and is energizing. Whoever says breakfast on the run, doesn't taste good, never tried this.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
A little more involved than I normally get when making a smoothie (even without a garnish!), but you certainly can't beat the taste of this GREAT SMOOTHIE! I did leave out the ice cubes, but for the frosty touch I used a frozen banana & made sure the rest of the fruits & juice were exta cold! The fresh pineapple, orange & apricots are a really nice combo! KEEPER RECIPE, FOR SURE! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Newest Zaar tag]
- 1 1⁄4 cups pineapple, fresh, sweet, chunks
- 1 orange, peeled, quartered, white membrane & seeds removed
- 3 apricots, fresh, ripe, not peeled, quartered and pit removed
- 1 banana, large, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen yogurt, apricot
- 2 -4 tablespoons honey, orange blossom, wildflower
- 12 ice cubes
- 1 lime, 4 - 6 slices, garnish (optional)
- whipped cream, garnish (optional)
- 8 -12 pineapple chunks, garnish (optional)
- 6 mint sprigs, fresh, garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place pineapple chunks, orange quarters, apricot quarters, banana chunks, frozen apricot yogurt, honey, and ice cubes in a blender and combine until silky, smooth and creamy.
- Pour the smoothie into prepared glasses and garnish to your personal preference.
- Add straws and call everyone in for breakfast, they will be so surprised.