Recipe by Long Hai
I adapted this from a recipe I got online. It is less sweet and a bit more healthy if you opt for the healthy choice. Use the ingredients in parenthesis for a healthier substitute.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil (or 1 cup no sugar applesauce)
- 1 cup sugar (or 2/3 cup Splenda)
- 2 cups flour (or 2 cups wheat flour)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup nuts, chopped (walnuts, pecans, or macadamias)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pineapple (no juice)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup raw zucchini, shredded
- 1 cup banana, mashed ripe (about 2 bananas)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Shred zucchini and drain water; set aside.
- Mash bananas and set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar (or Splenda), and oil (or applesauce) by hand well.
- Add baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla until well mixed. Then add in flour and mix well.
- Mix in zucchini and bananas. Add the rest of the other ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into well greased and floured bundt pan or 2 loaf pans. I prefer using Pam in a bundt pan because it comes out really nice sliced.
- Bake in oven for 45-50 minutes or until tests done with toothpick.
- Cool for 15 minutes and invert if using a bundt pan.