Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe calls for the crust to be prebaked a bit before adding ingredients. Feel free to change sausage to ham or bacon. This warms well in the microwave for those late risers.
- 1 (10 ounce) can prepared pizza crust (or use your favorite recipe)
- 1 (7 ounce) packageprebrowned sausage patty, thawed
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheese (pizza-style or use your favorite)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Press dough into the bottom and sides of a 12 inch pizza pan.
- Bake for 5 minutes until set but not browned.
- Cut sausage into small pieces.
- Whisk eggs and milk in a bowl until frothy.
- Spoon sausage over baked crust and sprinkle with cheese.
- Pour egg mixture slowly over sausage and cheese.
- S& P to taste.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until eggs are set and crust is brown.
No leftovers here. As Coleen114 mentioned this cooks fast. 10 minutes total for us till it was perfect brown but if we hadn't been watching it could have been disaster. Ovens vary but we had ours higher up and it still cooked fast. Thanks for posting Aroostook. It was perfect served with fruit salad. Kids and adults alike loved it. We could only find the pizza dough with one more ounce than called for so I made the crust built up a bit. No problems at all. Easily could add or change omelet type toppings i.e mushrooms, peppers,etc. Don't forget to season with salt and pepper. Super all around. Made for Zaar Cookbook game in the community forum. Enjoy! ChefDLH
We liked this, but the I only baked for 15 minutes and the crust was too browned on the bottom. That could be my oven, but I haven't had issues in the past. I too used uncooked sausage, but cooked it first and also added a few slices of cooked bacon pieces. Tastes like the one at the local gas station. Thanks for such an easy recipe.
This recipe was wonderful. Instead of using the precooked sausage I substituted uncooked sausage then cooked and drained it. It turned out perfect!