Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
What a delightful cake - anyone would enjoy having this for their Birthday cake!!
Make and share this A Birthday Ice Cream Sundae Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (510 g) packagedevil's food cake
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons crisco vegetable oil or 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 8 cups vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 cup smucker's chocolate fudge topping
- 1 cup smucker's strawberry jam or 1 cup raspberry jam
- 1⁄2 cup smucker's sundae syrup (Chocolate or Caramel)
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spray two 13x9-inch cake pans with cooking spray and set aside.
- Beat cake mix, eggs, water and oil on low speed for 30 seconds to blend, then on medium speed for 2 minutes. Divide batter into greased pans.
- Bake in centre of preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or until set. Remove cakes from pan and cool completely.
- Line the bottom and two sides of one pan with waxed paper.
- Spread half of the softened ice cream evenly across the bottom of the pan. Spread Smucker's Topping evenly on top of the ice cream layer.
- Place first cake on top of the ice cream and chocolate layer. Spread remaining softened ice cream evenly on top of the cake layer.
- Spread Smucker's jam evenly on top of the remaining cake layer. Flip the jam covered covered layer of cake on top of the ice cream layer in pan.
- Freeze for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- To serve, loosen the edges of the cake with a hot knife, and flip and unmold onto a serving tray. Decorate the cake for birthdays or other special occasions with Smucker's Sundae syrup.