Recipe by Karen From Colorado
This is the very best way to use up left over corned beef or a great dinner using deli corned beef slices.
Top Review by Slatts
This is a fantastic Reuben. My hubby and I ate this two days in a row. We aren't big fans of corned beef so we substituted pastrami. The sauce is what really makes this great! I will always make Reubens with this sauce in the future. Thank you!
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 8 slices rye bread (I like light, jewish rye)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 12 slices deli corned beef or 12 slices cooked corned beef
- 8 slices deli style swiss cheese
- 3⁄4 cup sauerkraut, well drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine mayonnaise, chili sauce and horseradish in a small bowl; set aside.
- Spread one side of each slice of bread with butter.
- Generously spread the mayonnaise mixture on the other side of each slice of bread Place 1 slice of cheese on 4 slices of bread on top of the mayonnaise spread.
- Arrange corned beef over cheese.
- Top corned beef with saurkraut.
- Place another slice of cheese over the saurkraut.
- Close sandwiches with the rest of the prepared bread, mayo side down and butter side up.
- Cook on a pre-heated griddle or large skillet over medium-low heat for 4 or 5 minutes per side until bread is toasted and cheese is melted.